Welcome to Consular Services
The Consular office is responsible for emergency and non-emergency American Citizen Services as well as Non-immigrant, Immigrant and Diversity Visa Issuances. Full details of services provided can be found under each topic in the left hand column.
Important Note for Official/Diplomatic Non-Immigrant Visas
A1, A2, G1, G2, G3, G4 and C3 visas are for diplomats/government officials and officials from designated international organizations and certain inter African organizations traveling to or transiting the United States in an official capacity.
The Embassy accepts applications for the above visa classifications Mondays and Wednesdays from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Such applicants generally do not need to appear in person for an interview, and can send another person to drop off their documents. No appointment is necessary.
Applicants for diplomatic and official visas are exempt from paying the visa application fee.
The documents required for this type of application are the following:
- Your current passport which MUST be valid for at least six months beyond your intended date of entry into the United States
- Your printed DS-160 confirmation page
- Two photographs (5 cm x 5 cm), in color with a white background taken in the past 6 months
- A diplomatic note from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Travel authorization duly signed and giving detailed reasons for travel
The visa and the passport will be returned as soon as possible (generally within 24 hours’ time). The Embassy will not accept any application for official travel outside of the days and times mentioned. However, in the event of unforeseen urgent travel, please contact the Consular section at 50-49-53-00 or by email at email@example.com.